Suruhanjaya DiRaja tidak perlu persoal cara SPRM menjalankan soalsiasat kerana mereka tiada kepakaran.
The Star, Sunday July 24, 2011Akibat kenyataan Nazri, Koh Tsu Koon pun tumpang tuei nak cari populariti.
Ex-ACA chief: No reason for Nazri’s ‘charge’ comment
PETALING JAYA: A former director of investigations of the then Anti-Corruption Agency (ACA) disagrees with Datuk Seri Nazri Aziz that the three Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission officers be taken to court for their role over Teoh Beng Hock's death.
Abdul Razak Idris said it was not right for the Minister in the Prime Minister's Department to make statements which were demoralising to the MACC in its efforts to fight corruption.
“He should not have said that the officers should be charged.
“The decision to charge the officers is solely up to the Attorney-General,” he said.
“He should not have even used the word charge'. He should have just left it to the authorities to investigate the matter,” he said yesterday.
Abdul Razak said such statements made it seem as if the officers were scapegoats in the death of Teoh.
He stressed that it was not right to question the methods used by the commission as it had been proven successful in obtaining evidence from people “who would otherwise be a tough nut to crack”.
“When I was in the ACA, I was involved in the training of new investigators. We never taught our officers to manhandle anyone during questioning,” he said, adding that they adopted the style used by the Special Branch.
Apa yang Tuan Hj Abd Razak Idris nyatakan di STAR harus disokong dan difahami. Suruhanjaya Di Raja hanya menyatakan kemungkinan tetapi bukan kepastian.
Dalam siasatan TBH, tandatangan TBH didapati dalam lebih 80 pengesahan kerja yang dilakukan dan melibatkan jumlah lebih setengah juta. Media pro Cina hanya beri highlight kepada pembelian bendera RM2,400 sahaja.
Ini sebenarnya yang menjadikan TBH menggelabah dan bukan desakan pegawai2 SPRM.