SHAH ALAM: The inquest into the death of political aide Teoh Beng Hock at the Magistrates Court here has been postponed to Aug 5 at the request of lawyers representing the family and the Selangor Government.
Coroner Azmil Muntapha Abas granted the request after hearing arguments from Gobind Singh Deo who had said that the lawyers needed time to study all relevant documents, as well to grant the Malaysian Government time to consider the family’s request that a Royal Commission of Inquiry be established to investigate the death.
Azmil Muntapha had earlier granted lawyers appointed by the family and the Selangor Government “interested party” status, allowing them to question witnesses during the inquest, which was expected to last 15 days.
The Bar Council had also led a team to hold a watching brief and who requested “interested party” status.
Tan Hock Chuan, acting for the Attorney-General, said he had no objections regarding the first two groups but said the lawyers holding a watching brief for the Bar Council did not fall within the applicable provisions to be granted such a status.
The Bar Council lawyers, led by Hisyam Teh, told coroner Azmil Muntapha that there may be questions that they would want to ask the witnesses and assured him that all these questions would be relevant.
Coroner Azmil Muntapha, who is also the Shah Alam High Court deputy registrar, however disallowed their request.
They asked for quick trial and then they delay. Will they use coroner's refusal as excuse?
All this is irrelevent and lost cause. DAP and Pakatan Rakyat (or more accurate Pakatan Gangster) are guilty!!!
PAS SEMAKIN BERANI TUNJAL KEPALA DAP!!!
Pergeseran antara Pas dengan DAP kian panas apabila parti itu dalam reaksi segeranya terhadap kelancangan Lim Guan Eng bertegas, hudud merupakan nyawa kepada...